Kenworth Driver Appreciation Week Contest
Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who post an image with the hashtag #KenworthDriver on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and/or Instagram and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Kenworth Truck Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Kenworth Truck Company as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn starting on September 12, 2021 and ending September 18, 2021. All online entries must be received by September 18, 2021 at 11:59PM PST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by posting a picture with the hashtag #KenworthDriver. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Kenworth Truck Company. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Kenworth Truck Company.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign will receive a diecast model of a Kenworth T880 worth approximately $250.00 USD or a diecast model of a Kenworth T680 worth approximately $250.00 USD or a diecast model of a Kenworth W990 worth approximately $250.00 USD. Three prizes total will be awarded (one of each truck model listed above). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Kenworth Truck Company. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Kenworth Truck Company discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Kenworth Truck Company to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by judging panel under the supervision of Kenworth Truck Company. Winner will be notified by private message via social media within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Kenworth Truck Company shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Kenworth Truck Company‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo with #KenworthDriver hashtag), You understand and agree that Kenworth Truck Company, anyone acting on behalf of Kenworth Truck Company, and Kenworth Truck Company’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. You further represent and warrant that You have obtained the consent (as set forth herein) from any person other than You who may be depicted in any photo, video, or other visual media which you enter. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Kenworth Truck Company. IF THE CONTENT OF YOUR ENTRY IS CLAIMED TO CONSTITUTE INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PROPRIETARY OR INTELLECTUAL PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, YOU SHALL, AT YOUR SOLE EXPENSE, DEFEND OR SETTLE AGAINST SUCH CLAIMS. YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS KENWORTH TRUCK COMPANY FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUIT, PROCEEDING, CLAIMS, LIABILITY, LOSS, DAMAGE, COSTS OR EXPENSE, WHICH KENWORTH TRUCK COMPANY MAY INCUR, SUFFER, OR BE REQUIRED TO PAY ARISING OUT OF SUCH INFRINGEMENT OR SUSPECTED INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY’S RIGHT.
- Terms & Conditions: Kenworth Truck Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Kenworth Truck Company’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Kenworth Truck Company may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Kenworth Truck Company. Kenworth Truck Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Kenworth Truck Company has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Kenworth Truck Company reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS KENWORTH TRUCK COMPANY AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AND DIRECTORS FROM ANY LIABILITY, ILLNESS, INJURY, DEATH, LOSS, LITIGATION, CLAIM, OR DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR NOT, FROM: (I) SUCH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CAMPAIGN AND/OR HIS/HER ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF; (II) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE MALFUNCTION OF ANY COMPUTER, CABLE, NETWORK, HARDWARE, OR SOFTWARE, OR OTHER MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT; (III) THE UNAVAILABILITY OR INACCESSIBILITY OF ANY TRANSMISSIONS, TELEPHONE, OR INTERNET SERVICE; (IV) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (V) ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES.
- Disputes: This campaign is governed by the laws of the United States and Washington state, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Washington State having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Social Media Contest, Kenworth Truck Company, P.O. Box 1000, Kirkland, WA 98083-1000, USA. Requests must be received no later than September 24, 2021 at 1:00PM PST.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Kenworth Truck Company, P.O. Box 1000, Kirkland, WA 98083-1000, USA.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Kenworth Truck Company and not to Facebook. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any claims.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Kenworth Truck Company and not to Twitter. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Twitter from any claims.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Kenworth Truck Company and not to Instagram. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any claims.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, LinkedIn. You understand that you are providing your information to Kenworth Truck Company and not to LinkedIn. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of LinkedIn from any claims.